Basic Transition and Employment Management
Participants gain the following:
- Understanding and knowledge of the role of the Department of Labor (DOL), DoD, & VA in relation to the Transition GPS process
- Knowledge and skills necessary to conduct a general assessment on a customer preparing for a career change, using the MOC Crosswalk template
- Knowledge and skills necessary for conducting vocational exploration for customers
- Knowledge and skills necessary to assist a customer with a job search using various mediums such as web-based, job fairs, networking, etc.
- Knowledge and skills in order to prepare and conduct proactive Transition and Employment focused workshops.
- Knowledge and understanding of resume preparation, salary negotiations, and job retention.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to articulate/translate volunteer skills to marketable job skills for customers.
BTEM – online option includes a weekly registration beginning on Mondays with the exception of the registration day falling on a Holiday. The course is eight weeks in length.